Ben and Nick are about finished with the spring soccer season. I think they've enjoyed it. Ben is doing better this season, when he pays attention to the game. For the very first game, the weather was rainy, and the fields were wet and muddy. Somehow Ben managed to get mud all over himself, and he hadn't even touched the ball yet! Lately, we've watched him pretend to fall and roll over like he's trying to make some great play, but neither the ball nor the other players were even close to him. Oh Benjie. My mom asked me if I thought that's how Beckham started. : )

This week is also Ben's last week in kindergarten. He's had a good time this year and learned so much. It's fun to hear him sounding out words while we're driving and reading all the signs. He's a pretty good reader!
This is Nick's first time playing soccer and he's really enjoying it. He and his teammates look so little out there. They don't play against other teams at this age, but he's getting better at handling the ball. He has fun, anyway, which is the point. He finished preschool a few weeks ago. He really loved it, and I'm hoping we'll find something for him next year. They did a little program to finish out the preschool year and we have a video that I will post hopefully in the near future. They sang songs they had learned during the year and it was so cute. Something funny Nicky said the other day was that he could see in the dark because he's "nocturtle" (nocturnal). And the other day he was playing in the backyard while Ben was at school, and when he came inside he told me that he needed to wash his hands because they were "filfy" (filthy). He's still working on that "th" sound. It makes me laugh every time he says it. Oh, and yesterday at the store he asked if we could please buy a "bikini" (zucchini). It's the totally serious look on his face that makes me laugh.
Alex is getting to be a big boy. He turned one in April, and he's now "cruising" and getting into everything. His favorite thing is to push all the buttons on the TV. The boys have been pretty patient, but I know they get annoyed when Alex turns it off when they're in the middle of something. He also loves to take off most of the CDs and DVDs from the shelf. He loves to play with his big brothers and tries to be everywhere they are. Alex is also saying a few words. He'll say "Bye-bye", which sounds more like "Ba-ba." And he says "ow!" He'll also say "Nana," which can either be banana, or any food he wants to eat. "Night-Night" is something else he says, although it sounds more like "nigh-nigh," and he can also say "no." Especially when you ask him for a bite of his food and he doesn't want to give you any. Occasionally I can also get him to roar when I ask him what a dinosaur says. It just depends on his mood. And he'll give kisses if we ask him (in English and Spanish).
We're having a good time and looking forward to summer.
Yea, I'm so excited you have a blog. Now you can get addicted to all the recipe ones like I am. I like the background and think you should add some pictures. I love hearing the boys' stories and can't wait to hear more. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeletejen i'm so glad you are on here! i've told the story and nicky saying, " hey can we buy this bikini" to so many people. i love being able to keep up with what going on in all of your lives! just don't be like me and only write once in a long time.
ReplyDeleteYes I am looking at all your blogs. I see things on here that I would miss out on if I didn't
ReplyDelete